Saturday, October 4, 2025

Micro - Teaching Reflections

 Overall I thought my micro teaching went well! I was happy with how the lesson went, and I thought that it was successful because everyone knew how to tie the figure eight knot by the end. 

For my own review I thought that I could have improved upon the timing and pacing of the lesson a little bit. At the end I had one minute left, which is an awkward amount of time. Luckily I had a video ready that they could watch which expanded on the figure eight knot, but it wasn't enough time for them to try out the new knot. 

I appreciated the feedback that I got. I do agree with Sissie that I could have done a better job explaining exactly how we used this knot in rock climbing. I think that if I was going to do it again, I would either show a video or diagram of where the knot attaches to the rock climbing harness. It would also be cool to show a video of a rock climber falling with this knot, just to show how stable and secure it is. I think these two things would have made the understanding of the knot much stronger. I also like the feedback of adding more applications. I could have done some research to see what other uses of figure eight knots were. In terms of if someone in the group had already known how to tie one, I don't know what I would have done. This is something that I could have thought about more. Otherwise I feel like I received pretty positive feedback. 







1 comment:

  1. Thanks Danielle! Good responses to the feedback and to your own reflections on the lesson. I think it went quite well overall!

    ReplyDelete